Sayo | Mushishi (
memoryboxes) wrote2011-11-20 04:36 am
24th Memory [Voice/Action]
[Hey. Hey Luceti. How you doin'?
Sayo was having a normal morning. For a while. But now, a surprised cry is flying out yo' journals.]
[Voice]
WHAT ARE THESE STRANGE THINGS ON MY BACK—?!
[... Whelp, that's one way to start the day. This is all courtesy of Sayo's bathroom as she stands in front of her mirror, inspecting the wings poking out the back of her kimono.]
O-oh, am I sick? Are these from illness?! AH—!! They flapped! They're moving! What do I do?? Should I do something??
[.... Anyway. Once that's all good and done, and she's relieved, and she remembers they all had wings this whole time, she goes to work cleaning the house, and then of course cooking breakfast, leaving one bowl for her, one to sit alone on the table, and gives the third bowl to a mystery house guest (hint: no one will approve of him being here, oh well). But she's on her way to work—
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STUFF ON THE GROUND—
okay, okay, so she's having an off-day for remembering things. It happens. She just walks through town staring in awe at all of it, confused as all get-out, trying not to panic. When she finally gets to Seventh Heaven, she can breathe a sigh of relief and hang up her robe and scarf for an apron and a bandanna.
And then she walks into the kitchen to find - oh lord. She's rushing back out into the room full of customers, waving her arms in panic, because LIGHTBULBS IN THE CEILING = DANGER ZONE.]
AH!! Sanji-san, there are balls of fire on the ceiling!!
[There are no words. But when she's finally through with work—and then goes to her job at the tea shop for a few hours, luckily doing fine there—she returns home, sits down on the couch, SIGHS a sigh of shame, and starts to look through a little blue notebook full of notes in a handwriting that, despite the odd day she's had, makes her smile. And then she goes through her own journal, finding... aaaah, the first entry she'd ever made.
A lot of things in the voice replies, she's forgotten. She relearns them carefully.]

[Voice B]
I suppose I've been here... Ah... for a whole year! I think more than that!
[There's a smile in her voice, though a bit bittersweet.]
Strange, it doesn't feel like it's been that long... Perhaps I've simply forgotten some things; the things that make time feel like it's been longer. I wonder... [ .... oh!] There are new people appearing, aren't there? My name is Sayo, and I'm a waitress at the tea shop and the restaurant. It's nice to meet you!
Mmm... I suppose I should ask a question, to make your acquaintances...
[A thoughtful pause.]
Ah! What's your favorite food! I don't think I've asked that, yet!
[... Some things never change.]
Sayo was having a normal morning. For a while. But now, a surprised cry is flying out yo' journals.]
[Voice]
WHAT ARE THESE STRANGE THINGS ON MY BACK—?!
[... Whelp, that's one way to start the day. This is all courtesy of Sayo's bathroom as she stands in front of her mirror, inspecting the wings poking out the back of her kimono.]
O-oh, am I sick? Are these from illness?! AH—!! They flapped! They're moving! What do I do?? Should I do something??
[.... Anyway. Once that's all good and done, and she's relieved, and she remembers they all had wings this whole time, she goes to work cleaning the house, and then of course cooking breakfast, leaving one bowl for her, one to sit alone on the table, and gives the third bowl to a mystery house guest (hint: no one will approve of him being here, oh well). But she's on her way to work—
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STUFF ON THE GROUND—
okay, okay, so she's having an off-day for remembering things. It happens. She just walks through town staring in awe at all of it, confused as all get-out, trying not to panic. When she finally gets to Seventh Heaven, she can breathe a sigh of relief and hang up her robe and scarf for an apron and a bandanna.
And then she walks into the kitchen to find - oh lord. She's rushing back out into the room full of customers, waving her arms in panic, because LIGHTBULBS IN THE CEILING = DANGER ZONE.]
AH!! Sanji-san, there are balls of fire on the ceiling!!
[There are no words. But when she's finally through with work—and then goes to her job at the tea shop for a few hours, luckily doing fine there—she returns home, sits down on the couch, SIGHS a sigh of shame, and starts to look through a little blue notebook full of notes in a handwriting that, despite the odd day she's had, makes her smile. And then she goes through her own journal, finding... aaaah, the first entry she'd ever made.
A lot of things in the voice replies, she's forgotten. She relearns them carefully.]
[Voice B]
I suppose I've been here... Ah... for a whole year! I think more than that!
[There's a smile in her voice, though a bit bittersweet.]
Strange, it doesn't feel like it's been that long... Perhaps I've simply forgotten some things; the things that make time feel like it's been longer. I wonder... [ .... oh!] There are new people appearing, aren't there? My name is Sayo, and I'm a waitress at the tea shop and the restaurant. It's nice to meet you!
Mmm... I suppose I should ask a question, to make your acquaintances...
[A thoughtful pause.]
Ah! What's your favorite food! I don't think I've asked that, yet!
[... Some things never change.]
[Voice] A!
Sayo! Don't panic. They're wings. You've had them for a while here.
[Voice]
...
I think...
[and then there's a big OW!, because she couldn't help yoinking on one.]
[Voice]
DON'T TOUCH THEM!
Re: [Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
Re: [Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
At the tea shop
At the tea shop
She finally approaches, putting on a sunny smile.]
Ah-uhm... Ready to order something? Are you having a hard time deciding?
no subject
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
[Voice]
Forgetting that you had wings for that long amount of time is quite a feat...
[Voice]
[Her face turns red at that, and she looks down bashfully.]
I-I suppose it is. I admit, that's the first time I've forgotten about the wings...
[Voice]
You've forgotten other things?
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
Re: [Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
Re: [Voice]
A
Do you even know what wings are?! [ this kunoichi is disappoint |: ]
no subject
no subject
Are you new?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
...
...
...
...
...
action (or a tl;dr picture of the domestic life)
Really.
......Yeah, he's still subsisting off of lies to himself, but it's the only way to keep from completely breaking down, freaking out, and shutting in on himself. Wading in slowly, not diving headfirst.
During the day, while Sayo is out, he has taken to walking around the apartment to get used to the crutches, not wanting to feel too caged in. Thoughts of Martel and the raw aching pain of everything are constant companions, but their grip is just a little less violent taken outside of the walls of the house they had shared. He goes through the same rituals as before: playing his sister's panpipes, curling up and shutting out reality, thinking how terrible it is that a small taste of happiness only makes everything hurt much worse when it's gone.
But at the end of the day, he isn't alone.
He always makes sure to be in his own room when she comes home, so it doesn't look like he was waiting for her. After a little while, he hesitantly pokes back out and comes to sit down in the living room. Silent, off to the side, but still there. He can handle this in small batches. It's...comforting, when he doesn't think about it too much and realize how against everything this is.
So when you're done chatting over the journal, have a somewhat sullen boy to share your company with, Sayo.]
action (sooooo tl;dr, i didn't even read it)
Ah, I'm sorry! It's getting late, isn't it? Are you hungry?
I'll make us something nice to eat, if you want anything in particular.
action (I thought you cared......YOU HUMANS ARE ALL THE SAME)
action (BOOHOO go cry in the corner little man)
action (MAYBE I WILL..........s-sob)
action (SIGH fine have some cookies sheesh)
action (........................okay. i-it's not like I want to, but...)
action (^__________^ eat them all. grow fat. with love.)
action (you spoil me.... /////)
action (|D of course, anything for my snuggly beaaar ♥)
action (j-jeez, do you have to call me that?)
action
action
Re: action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
...
voice
[In fact when he makes friends here he should invite them all to have some...]
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
Re: voice
voice
Re: voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
voice
...
[Voice] | B
... Robert's coming up on it now, with the encroaching winter. It's enough to make him think, and wonder, and worry a little...]
Did you... h-have anything in mind for this anniversary at Luceti, Ms. Sayo...?
[Because maybe he should do something nice for her. Something to show he cares.]
[Voice]
What's that?
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
Re: [Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
[Voice]
no subject
no subject
Do you have any recommendations?
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
[ action ]
It doesn't make her concern any less, in any case.]
... Are you all right, today?
[ action ]
Hello, Raine-san! I'm actually doing just fine, today!
How are you? Would you like a drink?
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
[ action ]
...
...
...
...